Jacob Gretencord - Theory Review: Connecting Student Success and the Learning Environment in the Classroom and Workplace
Jacob Gretencord Theory Review: Connecting Student Success and the Learning Environment in the Classroom and Workplace Ball State University Name Commented On Jacob Gretencord Mark Balzarette Main Theoretical Points The environment and context in which students, employees, and learners of any type encounter during their educational journey is paramount to the outcome of the program and the success of the participant. Many factors assist in the quality of the environment. Likewise, the lack or overabundance of certain contextual elements can have a negative effect on learning. Past research and theories focused heavily on the individual and their attributes, skills, limitations, and person situations. If learning does indeed happen internally, Caffarella & Merriam, 1999 argue that the environment and context can aid or hinder the learner regardless of their personal attributes (Mackeracher, 200...
Hi Joe,
ReplyDeleteYou did a great job summarizing your experiences in this course. Your comments about what chapters in the text were the most influential were the same as mine, probably due to the similar goals we have for our students/trainees; to develop skills that can be put to use very quickly. I also became more aware of the different learning styles of trainees and how important the differences between people are. I was definitely stuck in my own teaching style, in my approach to the students, rather than being sensitive to the students' learning styles. - Mark Balzarette
Good Joe! I'm starting my comments off about your project on a high note. Your intro was amazing and I wanted to hear more as you had captured my attention. I like how you gave an overview of the different learning styles that you enjoyed within this class. I like hearing about how you applied some of the knowledge you picked up from other students to your work routine. Lisa Freeman
ReplyDelete